The Directive on Energy Efficiency ("EED") was published in the Official Journal of the November 14 2013 and must be transposed by Member States by June 5 2014. In view of this deadline, no later than December 5 2013 Member States shall communicate to the Commission the policy measures which intendonoadottare.
To ensure that the provisions of Directive EED are implemented and enforced effectively, the Commission has published seven working documents that illustrate how the provisions of the Directive must be construed and enforced to the fullest. The documents published by the Commission are addressed to Member States but they do provide useful information on the measures that will be implemented.
The topics covered by the guidelines of the European Commission are:
- Article 5 (exemplary role of public buildings)
- Article 6 (Purchasing by public bodies)
- Article 7 (energy efficiency obligation schemes and alternative measures)
- Article 8 (energy audits and energy management systems)
- Items in 9 11 (Information on metering and billing)
- Article 14 (Promotion of energy for heating and cooling)
- Article 15 (processing, transmission and distribution)
|Dir Energy Efficiency Guide - CE - nov2013.pdf||1.29 MB|