ANIMA FORMATIVE SEMINAR - Milan 13 April 14.00 hours
Product Certification Australia: New WaterMark scheme
Potential impact for producers
The WaterMark ™ certification scheme, a certification mark, owned by Standards Australia, is used for products in the taps and valves sector, related to the distribution of drinking water, sanitary and waste water management.
The purpose of the WaterMark ™ certification is to ensure that the products included in the scheme comply with the requirements and technical specifications of the reference standards; furthermore, a Watermark product allows the Australian consumer to identify quality products.
The WaterMark ™ scheme, which until now was divided into two minimum certification levels, 1 level for high-risk products (type tests and audits in certification and surveillance company - ISO17067 System5), 2 level for low-level products risk (type test - ISO17067 System1b), has recently been modified.
The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB), a government body responsible for building code development, modified the WaterMark ™ scheme in July 2016 and indicated the adaptation process.
The new scheme includes only one level of certification (single level), a new list of type of products included in the scheme has been published, including many types previously belonging to the 2 level; some types of products have instead been definitively excluded from the scheme.
From the 01 / 08 / 2017 the progressive implementation of the new scheme that sets precise deadlines has begun:
- within 1 year the renewal of accreditations of the certification bodies
- within 3 years the re-certification of licenses from 2 level to single level
- within 5 years the re-certification of 1 single level licenses.
THE SEMINAR IS FREE, UNTIL YOU ARE POSSIBLE AND WILL BE LIVED IN SOUL IN MILAN.
- 14.00 Welcome and welcome coffee
- 14.15 Introduction SOUL - Alessandro Maggioni, Technical Area Director
- 14.30 Introduction SAI GLOBAL - Giuliano Franzosi, Product Certification Client Manager
- 14.45 Presentation SAI GLOBAL - Diego Piazzano, Product Certification Client Manager
- 15.00 New Watermark Scheme - GLOBAL SAI - Simon Fraser, Product Service Delivery Leader (intervention in English) *
- 16.15 Q & A
- 16.30 End of the seminar
* There is no translation service
ANIMA Federation represents, protects and promotes companies of the Mechanics varies nationally and internationally.
Specifically, it supports companies thanks to its expertise in technologies, regulations and issues related to drinking and sanitary water.
>> SAI GLOBAL
Certification body accredited by Jas-ANZ, world leader, with a long and solid experience in the product certification process. Present on the market by 1960 as a section of the Standards Australia organization and became an international leader in the reference sector, SAI Global is now among the top 5 certification bodies in the world and is among the first 300 companies listed in the Australian Stock Market (ASX).
Through Simon Fraser (Product Delivery Delivery Leader) and his team in Europe, this seminar will provide information on the new Watermark scheme for Australia product certification.