Last November 8 the Council of Ministers approved, in final examination, the provision that will implement the Regulation (EU) n. 517 / 2014 on fluorinated greenhouse gases (F-gas) by a Decree of the President of the Republic which, in general terms:
- repeals the previous DPR 43 / 2012,
- identifies the Ministry of the environment and the protection of the territory and the sea as the competent authority to interact with operators and companies;
- intervenes on the certification system of the assessment bodies and training certification of persons and on the system of registration and implementation of the national electronic Register for individuals and businesses;
- identifies the independent control bodies responsible for the procedures for verifying the data relating to the placing on the market of equipment preloaded with fluorinated gases;
- establishes a database for the collection and storage of information on these gases;
- Establishes the obligation to train people and certify companies.
The Data Bank, the main new feature introduced with the new DPR, will be managed by the Chambers of Commerce and will have to collect data on the quantities of F-gas sold and used by the operators in order to ensure greater traceability. At the databank, even certified companies and individuals will have to communicate information on the installations, maintenance and dismantling of the plants containing F-gas that they will carry out.
The approved text must now be submitted to the President of the Republic for signature and subsequently published in the Official Gazette.