The Italian industrial system has characteristics of sure and objective interest for Iran and the will of cooperation between the two countries was expressed on several occasions by both parties. Iranian companies prefer, when possible, European and Italian technologies in particular. Within the EU, Italy is confirmed as Iran's main trading partner.
La suspension of penalties Iran should allow Italy to recover lost opportunities in recent years and represents an important opportunity for our SMEs. Italian exports + 14,3% in the first 10 months of 2017 (last ISTAT data) driven by mechanics (interchange + 3 billion €).
The Central Bank has initiated an action to reduce the distance between exchange rate official and unofficial. A program of financial reforms has also been launched.
Natural factors which positively contribute to the economic performance:
• the abundance of hydrocarbons (4 ^ oil producer in the world and 2 ^ for natural gas reserves)
• the demographic trend, with almost 80 million inhabitants, of which more than 60% under the 30 years ( increase in consumption)
• favorable geographical position
Iran is the 18 ^ world economy and the 2 ^ in the MENA area (Middle East and North Africa).
According to IMF estimates, increase in the value of GDP = + 4,5 / 5% per annum up to 2022.
GDP composition: Oil & Gas 15% - Manufacturing, construction and mining industry 23% - Agricultural 9% - Services 53%
The presence of the State in the economy of the country is still marked, with majority holdings in large public and semi-public companies which enjoy a dominant position in the commercial and production sectors. Large public banks are also massively present in the financial sector.
These topics will be discussed in depth and in the presence of expert professionals customs, legal, institutional on the occasion of Focus Iran, scheduled for Wednesday 28 February (h.9.30-17.00) in Milan, at the headquarters ANIMA.
- 9.00 hours Registration and reception
- 09.30 hours Introduction of the meeting and first confrontation with the guests
- 10.00 hours Market overview and trends for the Mechanical sectors
ITA / ICE Italian Trade Agency
Giancarlo Lamio, Institutional Relations
Tony Corradini, Deputy Director of the ICE Agency Teheran Office will also be present
- 11.00 hours Regulatory updates and aspects of international contracts
Lawyer. Hanz Giovanni Chiappetta, Lawtelier LLP
- 12.00 hours Banking operations with Iran
Gennaro Miccoli, Monte dei Paschi di Siena Bank
- 13.00 Networking lunch hours
- 14.00 hours Iranian Market: opportunities and investments
Manuchehr Babaiyan, International Business Market
- 15.00 hours Barriers to trade, tools and customs related to the territory
Giovanni Guardione, Easyfrontier partner of the ANIMA Easy Customs Project
- 16.30 hours Q & A and conclusion of seminar
At the end of each intervention there follows a question and answer moment between participants and speakers, therefore the times indicated are flexible. The program is in any case susceptible to changes due to organizational needs.