The companies have developed automated systems that can be integrated into "food equipment" with new functional technological solutions that are also available to the Ho.Re.Ca and Retail channels.
The companies in the vending sector are members of CONFIDA, the association representing the various categories in the vending supply chain, and have set up the VENDING TECHNOLOGIES group in Assofoodtec, expanding their areas of interest and technical-regulatory activities.
- ENEA – National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Development
- Ministry of Healt
- Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Main study activities: Ecodesign for refrigerated machines, heavy metal release standard for hot beverage equipment and materials and objects in contact with food (MOCA). During the "Venditalia' trade fair, the workshop "Analysis and tools for product conformity under the MOCA standard' was organised for vending machines.
The vending sector, like commercial refrigeration, will also be impacted by the Ecodesign regulation and the mandatory Energy Labelling for refrigeration equipment with a direct sales function as of 1 March 2021. The Association is actively working with ENEA to define a path to accompany companies through the dissemination of information, communication and training on the upcoming obligations that will affect the sector. Connected to this obligation, the European Commission has planned the creation of a European product database, EPREL (European Product Registry for Energy Labelling).
- UNI/CT 003/SC 53 Machines and plants for the food industry and catering
- UNI/CT 003/SC 52 Materials and objects in contact with foodstuffs
- IEC/CT 59/61 Electrical consumer appliances for domestic and similar use
- CEN/TC 153 Machinery intended for use with foodstuffs and feed: WG12 Safety; WG13 Hygiene
- CLC/TC 59 X Performance of household and similar electric appliances: WG11 Power consumption of vending machies
- CLC/TC 61 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances
- NSF 25 Vending Machines for Food and Beverages
- UL 541 Refrigerated Vending Machines
- UL 751 Vending Machines
- UL 197 Commercial Electric Cooking Appliances
Main trade fairs