Cicof promotes and protects the collective interests of the category through:
- collaboration with standardization and lobbying bodies both at national and European level
- enhancement of Italian mechanical products in Italy and abroad
- development of technical, scientific and economic collaboration between members
- sensitization of European organizations to energy, environmental and safety issues
Cicof is active in solving technical, legal, economic, fiscal problems and for conciliation in the event of conflicts. It also offers guidance to member companies for the constant training of their staff and product certification.
To facilitate the internationalization process of member companies, the Cicof activity includes:
- promotion of Made in Italy abroad by disseminating information on Italian products and companies in collaboration with national and international organizations
- information support on penetration methods and tools - consolidation of foreign markets and business opportunities in the main foreign markets
- organization of exploratory and promotional initiatives (Italian missions abroad and foreign in Italy, b2b meetings between Italian companies and foreign operators, participation in fairs...)
- overcoming obstacles to trade (case studies of any obstacles to trade, aimed at implementing specific interventions by the relevant national, community and international bodies)
Cicof collaborates in the development and implementation of the promotional plan of the Ministry of Economic Development and the ICE Agency as part of the sector agreement signed between ANIMA and the Ministry of Economic Development / I.C.E.