From an economic-statistical point of view, the activity of metal household items continued, monitoring the market trend with reference to the main macroeconomic variables: production, export and employment.
FIAC - through its delegates - is present within the HOMI Strategic Committee and Working Groups for an ever greater strengthening of this trade fair event. FIAC is a constant presence in the national press.
As regards the technical activity, the standardization work continues at UNI CAB (Subcommittee on Tools in Contact with Food), CEN (TC 194 "Tools in contact with food"), ISO (TC 186 Cutlery).
The following standards have been published for the household goods sector:
• UNI EN 12983 - 1: A1: 2004: Cooking items - Cooking items for domestic use on the hob of an oven, stove or plate - General requirements
• UNI EN 13834: Cooking items - Bakery items for use in conventional domestic ovens
• UNI EN 13750: Kettles for domestic use on the hob of a stove, plate stove - Requirements and test methods
• UNI EN 12278: Household items - pressure cookers for domestic use
• UNI EN 13248: Articles for cooking - Coffee makers for domestic use with an independent heat source - Definitions, requirements and test methods.
Directives and legislative provisions of interest to the sector:
• EEC Directive 91/338: relating to the limitation of the placing on the market and use of certain dangerous substances and preparations (cadmium and its compounds)
• EEC Directive 80/590: relating to the determination of the symbol that can accompany materials and objects intended to come into contact with food products
• EEC Directive 89/109: relating to materials and objects intended to come into contact with food products and Legislative Decree 25 January 1992 n. 108: implementation of the directive
Development and increase of the membership base.
Protection and control of the product on the Italian and foreign market.
Disseminate and promote the MADE IN product and culture.
Continue collaboration with certification bodies, chambers of commerce, etc. in order to protect and control the products.