In Italcogen all cogeneration technologies are represented, both powered by fossil sources and by biomass.
The sector represented by the association produces a turnover of 500 million euros, with an export/turnover share of 18%. It therefore represents an important branch of the Italian chain of energy efficiency and technologies for achieving environmental objectives by 2030.
The market shares of our members represent peaks of excellence in some specific sectors of bioenergy, covering:
- 85% of the Italian market for liquid biomass plants and for small-sized solid biomass plants (<3 MW);
- more than 80% of the European market and a national and European position relevant to the biogas sector.
Mission and goals
We promote the diffusion of cogeneration and thermal recovery in Italy, providing the member-companies with timely and constant support in the technical, regulatory-legislative and promotional fields to:
- represent Italcogen technologies towards institutions;
- clarify the regulations governing the sector;
- promote and encourage support actions for the national industry and for users in all construction and management phases;
- offer adequate training to operators and maintenance workers.
One of the main purposes of the association is to provide advice on the correct interpretation of the national and European legislative and regulatory framework.The association, also through the ANIMA Federation, is able to carry out a significant lobbying action at national and European level.
Italcgoen is also part of the board of COGEN Europe, a European association for the promotion of cogeneration.
Italcogen adheres to FREE (Renewable Sources Coordination and Energy Efficiency)
To join Italcogen contact the Secretariat: